Worldwide Innovation Challenge - Start-up phase 2015
- Date 21 septembre au 02 décembre 2015 de 0H à 23H
To select the best projects in line with the objectives of the action financed under the “Invest for the Future” programme, the Worldwide Innovation Challenge, simple and easy-to-access, will take place in 3 phases:
- The Start-up phase
- The Risk reduction phase
- The Development phase
After the first phase (Start-up Phase) in 2014, 110 high-potential projects have been selected. A second phase (Risk Reduction Phase) led to the selection of 35 projects (including 25 projects form the Start-up Phase) in 2015.
These selected projects have a strong potential for French economy.
To leverage these achievements, a new Start-up phase is set up, based on 8 Goals, including the 7 initial goals and a new one on “Public security and protection against threats”!
1. The Start-Up phase
The expected projects must be led by an individual company. The selected projects must show a strong potential for French economy (such as disruptive technology, major economic spinoffs on employment, exportation, etc.)
The selected project receive support for their innovation expenses as a grant up to 200 000€.
2. Modality of inscription
To submit your application, log in on : https://extranet.bpifrance.fr/projets-innovants-collaboratifs/
The World Innovation Competition is open to worldwide firms that want to set up in France. The two conditions are: the firms must be set up in France and the project must correspond to one of the following eight Goals:
- Goal 1: Energy storage
- Goal 2: Collecting, sorting and recycling materials
- Goal 3: Development of marine resources, metals and seawater desalination.
- Goal 4: Development of plant protein-based food products and plant chemistry projects aiming to develop new materials.
- Goal 5: Personalised medicine - Individualised targeted therapeutic interventions based, for example, on genomics, medical devices and/or high-resolution imagery.
- Goal 6: Silver economy – answering the elderly’s needs
- Goal 7: Big Data – Improved use of big data and definition of new usages, analytical models and promotion.
- Goal 8: Innovation projects on public security and protection against threats.
Call for proposals launched on 21st September 2015.
Call for proposals closed on 2nd December 2015 at noon.